Intestinal gas can cause a bloated sensation in the stomach and enlarge the tummy, which can be very uncomfortable. In this sense, there are medicines for gases that can give us relief almost immediately.
The little expulsion of flatulence can cause stomach pain, colic and interfere with our daily activities. Hence, it is necessary to know the correct way to deal with this annoyance.
These problems raise some questions: What causes the accumulation of gases? How to do to expel the gases? And of course, when is it necessary to take medications for the expulsion of gases? In this article, we'll answer these questions to help you choose the right gas medications.
Why does the accumulation of gases occur?
Gas is flatulence that a wide variety of foods can cause. If we constantly suffer from this disease, we must try to determine what type of food is causing us harm. But, in addition to meals, there may also be some habits that can lead to the accumulation of gases, which are:
- Eating fast or nervous.
- Possess a high level of stress
- Swallowing air while eating
- Eat foods that are susceptible to causing gas, such as excess fiber, some vegetables, etc.
How to reduce gas?
Before going to the doctor or even using gas medications, it is convenient to review our eating habits. In fact, that's an important key to reducing gas. Next, we will indicate some changes that you should make in your diet:
- Fiber rich foods. It is true that fiber is very beneficial for health. However, one of its effects is the production of gases. In this sense, you can reduce the consumption of grains, broccoli, cabbage, asparagus, etc. Also, you can alternate these meals with others lower in fiber. At the same time, observe what type of food causes you the most flatulence.
- Avoid foods with a lot of fat. This includes fried foods, since it interferes with the proper expulsion of gases, causing inflammation and accumulated gases.
- Consume natural water. Drinking fluids prevents intestinal problems such as constipation. Sufficient water intake per day is very important for correct intestinal transit.
- Avoid fizzy drinks. Reduce the amount of carbonated drinks, which includes carbonated, soda, etc.
- Beware of supplements. The supplements of fiber should offset the low consumption of these foods, so do not overdo the dose because fiber can cause discomfort stomach.
When to take gas medicine?
If you have tried to change your eating habits, and have even reduced the types of foods that can cause stomach inflammation, and still continue to gas, then it is time to move to the next option: taking over-the-counter medications. For this, the recommendation of a pharmacist is important.
You can get this type of medicine at your trusted pharmacy. Of course, if you are not sure that gas is due to bad eating habits or certain foods, it is better to consult a specialist to indicate a specialized treatment.
How do antiflatulents work?
Medicines for gases are intended to alleviate the symptoms that accompany accumulated gases. It is natural for the body to expel gas. In fact, the digestive system in conjunction with other organs, transforms and absorbs food. However, during the process, it is possible that disorders develop that prevent the expulsion of gases or cause inflammation and discomfort.
In this regard, the drugs break down the gases that are accumulated, producing a deflammation. This brings relief because it reduces abdomen, belching, stomach pains, etc.
If your stomach problem is very annoying, completely preventing your daily activities, causing great pain, among other symptoms, we invite you to go to a specialist. A doctor will be able to determine the cause of these gases, and may even prescribe more specialized medications.
Types of antiflatulents or gas medications
Currently, there is a wide variety of medications aimed at alleviating these types of problems. They are adapted to your preferences. You can find medicines in the form of tablets that you can chew, you can even find several flavors.
On the other hand, you can also get oral syrups or drops that you can consume before meals. This type of presentation makes it ideal for children who suffer from this discomfort.
Importantly, you can get plant-based products that can help reduce the amount of gases that accumulate.