Waxing your legs is one of the methods that many women follow when they want to show off soft legs and, above all, free of unwanted hair. When applying wax, you should know that there are different ways to do it and that you can do it both in a professional salon and at home. However, if you decide to do it yourself, do not miss the following tutorial with all the necessary steps to show off perfect legs.
Use cold wax
Using cold wax to shave her legs is a very convenient way to carry out the waxing at home as it just requires preparation. For this, cold wax strips are used that are already prepared for application on the skin and in just a few minutes, guarantee a fantastic result.
To use the cold wax bands, you must follow the steps indicated below:
- First you must heat the wax strips with your hands for at least 5 seconds, rubbing vigorously to transmit the heat that will begin to melt it.
- Next you should carefully separate the bands and apply it to the skin in the direction of the growth of the veil, ensuring that it adheres perfectly.
- Grab the end that will allow you to make a quick, forceful movement in the opposite direction of hair growth. You can reuse the bands to remove hair that you have not been able to remove, until they lose their adherence. Repeat the entire process until the entire leg is completed.
- To remove the remains of wax, you can use a cotton ball with baby oil. And remember not to expose your legs to the sun or apply lotions in the next 24 hours.
Use warm wax
If you choose to wax with warm wax, it is another option with good results that is usually presented in a Roll-On format. In this way, it is only necessary to pass the Roll-On over the skin to release the warm wax in the direction of hair growth. After a few seconds from the application, it must be removed with a forceful pull, in the opposite direction to hair growth.
When you have done the complete process on each of the legs, do not forget to apply a post-waxing cream.
Use hot wax
Finally, the most used method for waxing the legs is hot wax. This is because the wax is stickier and therefore adheres much better to the hair, removing it more easily. For a correct application of the hot wax, remember to follow these steps:
- Heat the wax enough so that the skin does not suffer burns and make sure that your skin is prepared to receive the treatment, with a correct exfoliation that eliminates dead cells and a good hydration.
- With the help of a spatula, distribute the wax over the entire surface, covering areas of no more than 10 centimeters and with a thickness that does not exceed 1 centimeter, evenly. Allow the wax to cool and remove vigorously in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Remember to hydrate the area very well to show off perfectly shaved and perfect legs.
Use depilatory cream
The advantages of a depilatory cream are:
The hair takes much longer to grow, and as it does so, the ends come out much weaker, making it much easier to remove.
It hardly causes discomfort or irritation to the skin.
There are many types of hair removal creams, and even on this website, we mention how to prepare a homemade hair removal cream. To apply it:
- Cover the hair completely with a spatula and leave for 5 minutes.
- Remove a little of the cream to see if it is taking effect, otherwise, leave it on for 10 more minutes.
- Clean the area with water when you have finished waxing.
Now you will no longer have doubts when trying the depilatory method of leg wax. Choose the option with which you feel most comfortable and get ready to show off smooth and perfectly shaved legs.