Nothing like putting our legs out to make us feel more powerful, right? But sometimes, that's where the problem lies. When summer comes, you feel ready to risk a skirt or dress, but sometimes it's been so long since you've been to the beach that your legs are almost translucent, without even a teeny bit of tan!
No appeal to long pants! Here are some valuable tips for you to ensure a long-lasting, natural tan to your legs and feel even more beautiful and confident.
In a natural way
- A few days before starting sun exposure, exfoliate, massaging your legs in a circular motion to remove any dead cells. Thus, you will be helping cell regeneration and enhancing the absorption and, consequently, the effect of moisturizing creams and sunscreens.
- Three days before, it is also important that you undergo the depilation. Avoid shaving immediately before exposing yourself to the sun, as the procedure can leave the skin irritated and sensitive, causing spots that intensify with the sun.
- In the morning and at night, apply a moisturizing cream rich in nutrients to replenish the skin's moisture and prevent it from becoming dry. For a beautiful, long-lasting tan, your skin needs to be healthy and always well cared for. After sun exposure, apply an after-sun lotion, which will enhance the effects of the tan.
- For the skin to be properly protected, the use of sunscreen is essential, even when you want to tan in a short time. In addition to not making it impossible to tan, the use of a protector will ensure a longer lasting color, since the skin will be healthy and protected. Apply the product 30 minutes before going into the sun and replace the protection every two hours.
- Avoid times when the sun is at its strongest - between 12:00 and 14:00 - so that your skin doesn't turn red and peel later.
- If you only want to tan your legs, to even out your body tone, wear a long-sleeved beach gown, a hat to protect your face, and just expose your legs. On hotter days, just keep your trunk under the umbrella with a high-factor sunscreen.
- In the search for a beautiful and lasting bronze, food can be your ally. Bet on a diet rich in beta-carotene, vitamin C, and lycopene, which you can find in foods such as carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, oranges, kiwis, mangoes, pineapples, and strawberries.
In an artificial way
If you want to have nice, tanned legs, but don't have the time or patience for long days of exposure to the sun, there are artificial tanning solutions that do not pose any risk to your skin's health.
Self Tanning Creams
The application of self-tanning creams is the fastest way to get golden and shiny legs, without harming your health. Several brands of self-tanning products are on the market, most of which come out gradually with washing. The self-tanning product should be applied in small quantities, always in smooth and circular movements, until the entire product is evenly distributed, to avoid unpleasant stains.
Unlike what happens in the sun, in the jet bronze technique, the skin does not run the risk of getting damaged, as the product only takes natural compounds. The jet bronze is a pistol that sprays a tanning substance onto the skin. The method is increasingly popular with women looking for an immediate, even, blemish-free bronze. Effects can last up to 15 days.
You can prepare a homemade formula using a moisturizing cream that can be mixed with a base, a darker shade of your skin, lightening powder, or even almond oil if you want a brighter effect. Apply in small amounts and spread well to avoid stains and wait for it to dry. If you opt for makeup, avoid light clothes so as not to get them dirty. At bath time, remove your makeup well so that it doesn't come out on your towels.