Having that commercial shampoo hair is no easy feat for women. Daily aggressions cause damage mainly to the ends of the hair, leaving them brittle and tangled. Often the quickest solution is to run scissors and remove most of the hair.
But if you want to cultivate the threads, it's worth looking for other alternatives. Don't get used to having your tresses damaged! There are simple and inexpensive ways to restore split ends and leave your hair shiny and healthy. For this, it is important to know the causes of dryness, prevent it, and treat the problem. Check out!
What causes spiky hair
- Frequent use of high temperature appliances, such as dryers, modelers, and flat irons.
- External aggressions, such as excessive sun exposure, wind, and pollution.
- Comb your hair incorrectly or still wet.
- Friction with the towel when drying the hair damages the locks. So never rub, just press the towel against the wires.
- Inappropriate cuts for the type of hair, using instruments that weaken the ends.
- Excessive use of chemicals such as styling, coloring, and straightening.
How to prevent split ends
- To keep the hair free from split ends, it is advisable to cut the ends, on average, every 3 months. In addition to avoiding the appearance of split ends, the cut will help the hair renewal process.
- When washing your hair, always opt for a highly nourishing, salt-free shampoo and apply a line conditioner to the ends for damaged hair. Give preference to cold water, which helps close the cuticles, and always gently massage your hair and scalp.
- Always use products designed to thoroughly repair split and brittle ends, such as serums and nourishing oils.
- Before drying your hair, always apply a thermal protector, which will help minimize the dryer's harmful effects and other high temperature devices, which dry out and compromise the hair structure.
- When combing your hair still wet, opt for combs with wide teeth, which make the hair less fragile. Leave the brushes for when your hair is dry.
How to recover brittle hair
- Abuse of products that contain vitamin E, argan oil, and keratin.
- Avoid using a flat iron more than once a week.
- Invest in recovery treatments such as botox, capillary schedule, and cauterization.
- Once a week, make an intensive hydration, with a moisturizing mask for damaged hair.
Quick and easy treatment for split ends
To repair and intensely nourish the hair, avoiding the appearance of broken and fragile ends, apply olive oil or vegetable oil. These products can be used on any type of hair, but only on the ends. Curl your hair and let it work for about an hour. At the end, wash your hair normally and finish with a jet of cold water.